Sunday 5 August 2012

Microbrasserie Charlevoix - La Vache Folle - Imperial Milk Stout - 9%

I Poured it into my Vache Folle pint sized stange glass, showcasing a giant four finger head. This is the first time I've seen a head continue growing after a pour - it looks like an ice-cream float! Aromas of yeast, chocolate, and some sugars. Rather musty. Chocolate and coffee tastes, nice bitter finish from the hops and the alcohol. Almost tastes a little like a Belgium beer. Good amount of sweetness, but not overboard. Not too much of a roasted taste which is different for a stout. Nice creamy body with tons of carbonation. The head lasted until the last drop.
   
Microbrasserie Charlevoix is one of, if not my favorite craft brewery in Quebec and this one is even better then the last time I had it. It's unlike most stouts I've had, but still retains the typical qualities one likes in the style. Incredibly drinkable, considering the fact that it's 9%. I highly recommend this one, and anything from this brewery.


No comments:

Post a Comment